Mass for Unborn 100Immaculate Conception Church was officially established in 1905. On Sunday, June 25, 1905, the cornerstone of Immaculate Conception Parish was laid by the Right Reverend Thomas F. Conaty, Bishop of Monterey and Los Angeles.

The property of our church was donated by the Bradbury family in memory of their mother, Simona Martinez Bradbury. The church was completed and dedicated the following year, 1906. The beautiful steeple was part of the original old church and has become a familiar landmark not only to our parishioners but to neighboring communities. Our church caught the eye of Hollywood, and many motion picture companies used the exterior for wedding scenes.

In 1955 an expansion and building program was completed under the leadership of Reverend Maurice P. Dee. The original church was used as a core to which the north and south wing were added tripling the size of the church.

Through a cruciform type of plan, the nave of the original church was used as a core to which new construction, a modern adaptation of the old was added; this was not only a bow to sentiment, but enabled the continuous use of the building during the construction period.

The first pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish was Reverend J.J. Sheehy 1903-1918. Our current Administrator Pro-Tem is Deacon Richard Medina. Our Associate Pastor is Fr. Rufino Nava, and our retired priest is Fr. Frank Cassidy.